We have been talking about the JobTips Transition Toolbox for several weeks and the time is drawing near for it's release in the Fall of 2012. I want to take this time to give readers a good overview of what they can expect from TT.
This web-based curriculum is designed to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other learning differences who are bound for post-secondary settings or competitive employment upon graduation from high school. It is also appropriate for use with adults with such differences who struggle to obtain fulfilling and lasting competitive employment. The curriculum targets 61 intervention topics and offers approximately 450 printable visual supports, along with 87 self-assessments and instructor assessments.
- Unit 1 Assessment and Intervention: Our framework in teaching the intervention topics identified in the Career Planning, Job Seeking, and Job Keeping curriculum units that represents the integration of evidence-based behavioral strategies and visual supports. There are 18 sections that comprehensively address these instructional principles and strategies.
- Unit 2 Career Planning: Contains 6 expansive intervention topics describing a range of specific work skills (“hard skills”) that the instructor might target in career development and emphasizes the importance of an experientially-based exploration of vocational interests as a means to support self-assessment. This unit offers over 50 printable visual supports and 35 printable self-assessments and instructor assessments.
- Unit 3 Job Seeking: Contains 15 intervention topics targeting a range of skills and activities necessary to find and get a job. This unit includes over 100 printable visual supports, dozens of video scenarios and video modeling examples, and 20 printable self-assessments and instructor assessments.
- Unit 4 Job Keeping: Contains 40 intervention topics. This unit addresses the principle challenges of Social Communication, Organization, and Self-Regulation (S.O.S.!) that often impact one’s ability to maintain employment. This unit provides over 300 printable visual supports, dozens of video scenarios and video modeling examples, and 32 printable self-assessments and instructor assessments.
- Unit 5 Self-Assessment Library: Houses the 87 printable student self-assessments and instructor assessments that align with all topics within Career Planning, Job Seeking, and Job Keeping units.
Please look over our past Transition Toolbox blogs for more specific information about the “nuts and bolts” of the make up of the curriculum. We will be bringing you more information as we get closer to the release date, including a detailed sneak-peek for our blog readers!